Thursday, April 06, 2006

More Glimpses of Our Life



These are my girls! The ladies who come on Thursday mornings to study the Bible with me. Only one was missing this morning. From left to right, they are Maria, Mirtha, Tatiana, Esperanza, (baby) Xaisa, and Edith. They are such a blessing to me! It just ignites something in me to see the fire in them for the Word of God. They are mostly all new believers and just hungry to know God more. It is a privilege to be able to be a part of what God is doing in their lives.


This is me, Dominique and Joshua going for a bike ride. I love going for bike rides with them, but I told Fabio this day that I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to keep this up! Dominique is getting downright heavy to carry this way. Last summer we went everywhere this way, and it was nice because we could get further and get there faster than walking, but oh well. I did always get funny looks when we were out and about to garage sales, the bank and the library this way! Some were just amused, others more disgusted. I guess it was more normal to me because it is SUCH a common-place sight in Japan. Actually, there, I have seen 3 kids on the bike. They have bike seats for babies that go on the front handlebars too!
Last year when I was going through the bank drive-thru this way, one amused lady asked me through her car window if it was because of gas prices! Well, kind of.......... :)

Last week we got to visit with our friend from Ecuador, Oscar. He has been a friend of the family for many years and it was really nice to get to catch up and hear about how much Pan De Vida (Bread of Life) has grown, the ministry in Quito, Ecuador that he started and directs. It is a ministry to feed and clothe the poor and the Lord has blessed it greatly!






And this last picture was last Saturday at Mitsuwa, the Japanese shopping center in Arlington Heights where we went with the family and our friend Anthony. We don't go very often, but it's great when we do to get a few Japanese groceries and eat in the food court.... REAL Japanese food!!! Just being there makes me want to cry sometimes... makes me miss Japan. It also motivated me to be more intentional about teaching Joshua and Dominique Japanese and so we have been doing that more this week. They catch on SO quick. I hope I can keep up teaching them while they are little and absorb it like little sponges! Coming soon.... a video of Joshua singing in Japanese. :)

2 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

those are great pics, elizabeth. gives me a good idea on what you're doing with the ladies, and who they are. it's nice to see tatiana up front and center in everything. :-)

Unknown said...

elizabeth,
great pictures! i'm realy and truly genuinely excited about hanging out next week. I hope it works out!!
Michelle