Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Father- Daughter Dance and Boys Night

Well, the long awaited night finally came!

Here is the little princess with her knight in shining armor:










"Daddy, I love you SO much!"


















Wrapped around Daddy's little finger.....


















Before we left the house, I tried to get a few pictures of our darling, but it wasn't all I hoped for....

















I did get a couple of decent shots:


















Her hair is so curly just after a wash!


















Not a smile, but I thought she looked like a little angel in this shot. :)

















Anyway, unfortunately, she was still not feeling quite 100%, and if it had been any other occasion, we would have kept her home to rest, but since it was this once in a lifetime thing, we let her go anyway....

But, here you can see that she was *trying* really hard to be excited, but she actually wasnt feeling super....












Not exactly the princess look we try to encourage....


















Here are the three princesses that were going to the ball: Dominique, Cheyenne and Jessica

















... and a fourth princess that might get to go next year. :)


















The daddies and daughters


















Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we decided to have a fun "boys night" and do some yucky stuff! On the agenda for our evening were:
Making volcanoes
Feeding the pythons
Concocting gooey gunk

We started with the "volcanoes" - kitchen science at its best!












Check out that explosion!














Silly boys!












Then we got to watch the pythons eat their bi-monthly meal of poor innocent little white mice.












This is the view I constantly see! He has been cutting teeth (still!), and so if I put him down, this is the response.... but once my belly gets a little bigger, I wont be able to see him down there! lol










And lastly, we concocted "gooey gunk". This recipe was from a really neat book called "Kid Concoctions". Great to have on hand!
















It was gooey, and gunky!


















And a huge hit with all the boys!!!













Just so you can get the full effect of what a night with this many little boys is like, I thought I'd include a short video clip. :)


Joshua was feeling perfectly fine on Friday and thorougly enjoyed his boys night, but then on Saturday he relapsed into feverland again! Too bad Dominique's ball wasnt on Saturday, though, because she was feeling wonderfully marvellous. Problem is, Sunday she relapsed! It's a weird one, this cold going around! And as for me, I thought I only had it on Wednesday, and tried to "snap myself out of it" after that, but I really didnt feel good for days. I tried to tell myself it was just because of the pregnancy.... but lo and behold, I also relapsed fully Sunday night and was flat on my back all day Monday!

So, here we are on Tuesday, and I *think* we are all over it for good now! I am still tired, even more than before with just the pregnancy fatigue, and the kids are still more crabby than usual, but hopefully we are done with relapses!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics of Fabio and Dominique. Our little princesses look stunning for the Royal Ball. I'm glad they all got to go. What a neat time for the Daddies with their daughters! It looked like fun back at the ranch with all the boys! They'll remember these times with the cousins as they grow up together.